Twin Cities 10 mile
My slowest 10 mile by 2 minutes but I don’t care. My goal was to finish strong and to not stop and I did both of those: My last mile was my fastest by over 20 seconds and I kept going on Summit even though my left leg wanted me to stop. So many hills! So many potholes! So many beautiful yellow golden red leaves! So helpful to run with Scott!
What else do I remember about the run?
- Listening to everyone’s feet in sync
- Trying to not listen to a few annoying conversations
- Feeling overheated even though it was only 44 degrees outside, sweating a lot
- Not having too much trouble for most of the Franklin hill but struggling to find room to run once we turned and curved up to the bridge
- Looking down and paying attention to all the cracks in the road so I wouldn’t stumble, finding out that doing this was a good distraction
- Hearing Bruno Mars’ “Runaway Baby,” Van Halen’s “Running with the Devil, “YMCA” the Village People and “Back on the Chain Gang” by the Pretenders
- Not wanting to keep going but knowing that I would
- Scott complaining because there was a bunch of sand on the last little hill before the finish line