dogwood coffee run
75 degrees/77% humidity/dew point 67
Scott and I decided to run together before going to vote in the primaries. So thick outside! Everything felt heavy, especially my lungs and my legs.
bike: 8 miles
It’s amazing how much easier it is to bike when you have your tires pumped up all the way!
swim: 2.72 miles/4 loops/4800 yards
lake nokomis open swim
Open swim is almost over and I will miss it. 4 more regular sessions + the 2.4 mile race on the final morning are all that’s left. What a great summer. Things I remember about my swim:
- so many weeds and twigs to swim through, some almost like webs or nets
- something warm touched my foot, before freaking out correctly decided that it was another swimmer’s hand and not a fish
- lots of planes flying above
- such opaque water!
- several swimmers swimming way out, almost past the edge of the course, others swimming straight, from buoy to buoy
- glimpsing something out of the corner of my eye–a swimmer? a duck?–decided it was just a wave then suddenly a blue-capped swimmer popped up, someone swimming breaststroke, surfacing only for a second before hiding underwater again–good thing I didn’t swim over them!
- realization: I love choppy water