Love this colder weather. Finally! Decided to take it a little faster today. Another 14 seconds per mile faster than on Tuesday. Ended up keeping up my pace by chanting in my head: strawberry/blueberry/raspberry, occasionally switching one 3 syllable word for choc-o-late or choco-late sauce or butterscotch. Because I was running faster, I don’t remember much other than my chanting or wondering how fast I was going (I wasn’t looking at my watch) or whether or not I should be concerned about the slight ache on the side of my calf.
Anything else I remember?
- Lots of branches on the path, blown down by last night’s storm
- Annoying, dumb squirrels darting out in front of me on the St. Paul side
- The bright yellow trees at the top of the Lake Street bridge
- Stumbling slightly after misjudging the edge of the path near the Marshall Bridge
- Studying the west side of the river at my new favorite spot to view the river (up from the bottom of the Marshall bridge), checking out which trees were changing color