Ran on the dirt trail between edmund and the river road heading south, then down to the winchell trail for the way back. A good run where I mostly ran slow with a few stretches of fast.
Listened to the water dripping, the cars gently whooshing, giant mowing machines whirring on the way south and for most of the winchell trail north. Put in Lizzo for the last mile.
9 Things I Noticed
- the water was blue when I had a clear view and a blinding, shining white through the gaps in the trees
- another friendly exchange and shift from I to You when I thanked a pedestrian for moving over for me: Thank you! You’re welcome!
- couldn’t hear the water dripping below 42nd because of the dizz dizz dizz of a giant machine up above
- the same almost fallen branches, leaning over the winchell trail
- rowers! never saw them, but heard the coxswain prepping them on what to do in a race
- lots of cars steadily and gently moving north on the river road
- birds birds birds — didn’t see them, only heard them
- wet dirt on the trail — was it dew or did it rain last night?
- lots of bikers and walkers — less runners, no roller skiers
3 tries: plaid / write / crime